Monday, November 23, 2015

Reasons To Opt Leather In Your Winter Wardrobe



We are not always the same. Our choices, our decisions change with time. It all happens because we grow from the mistakes we make. This happened with my winter wardrobe, as well. Various facets of comfort fashion made me opt for leather in my winter wardrobe.

Know them and the lessons they came along with. It might prove advantageous to you, as well.


 Episode #1:

Last year’s Christmas Eve, it was super cold out there. I tried wearing my knee-length dress in wool (that I had bought keeping winters in mind). But all went vain, as I was freezing the minute I stepped in. I wore numerous layers above it to make up for that loss of heat from my body. Though it felt better, it cost the charm of my Christmas dress. A brainstorming session with my best friend Anna, finally made me style my multi-layered outfit with a chic leather blazer. And, it did work!

Lesson learned
A piece of leather blazer can fix any misfit outfit. So, always keep it handy to avoid last minute chaos.

Episode #2:

Family emergency had caused me to drive daily from New York to Philadelphia. Though it was just two hours journey, it felt like ages driving the car on day 1. I had every possible piece that shielded me from the extreme cold in the air, but I wasn’t feeling comfortable while holding the steering as those knitted gloves didn’t allow for a firm grip. Also, my thermal wear clubbed with a thick trouser was restricting my leg movements while handling leg mechanisms. On day 2, I substituted woolen gloves with leather ones and thick trouser with tight fitted leather pants. And, then I experienced a drastic change.

Lesson learned

Leather gloves made up of soft lambskin, gave me an excellent grip behind the steering wheel. Whereas, a fitted leather pants made the difference by allowing me to add layers under it, without any sigh of discomfort.

Episode #3:

During my childhood days, I liked to wear my favorite white sweater. But after every wash, its size shrinking phenomena made it unfit for me to wear. It was in last winter that my granny gave me her leather trench coat she had for a decade or more. I was impressed with its low maintenance efforts and flawless shine even after years.

Lesson learned –            
                                                                                                                               
Leather garment makes up a long-term investment. It becomes supple with time, keeping its shape and strength intact. So now, come winter I don’t have to worry about my wardrobe, as I already have this timeless shield in my winter essentials. What’s more leather ages beautifully especially if its vintage that gets you going.

Adding on leather to my winter wardrobe has been my smart choice. Here’s hoping you make yours too!

No comments:

Post a Comment